- It is unacceptable to use forced, bonded or involuntary prison labour.
- Suppliers should not employ children below 16 years of age.
- Workers must be paid a fair, living wage for the type of work they undertake. This must meet national legal or industry standards as a minimum.
- Workers shall not be required to work in excess of 48 hours/week. All overtime must be voluntary and paid at a premium rate.
- Harsh or inhumane treatment whether physical, sexual or verbal is prohibited.
- Suppliers should demonstrate care and concern for the physical environment in which they operate. A safe and hygienic working environment shall be provided with adequate steps taken to prevent accidents and injury to health. Workers shall receive regular and recorded health and safety training. Workers shall be provided with clean toilet facilities, access to fresh water and sanitary storage area for food.